The AIR Center is a think tank that produces innovative analysis on ongoing global and regional processes in Azerbaijan and outside, with a focus on conducting fundamental researches into various aspects of the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict, International Relations, and Security Issues. The mission of the AIR Center is to set a track record of building trust and fostering collaborative teams that generate practical solutions for decision-makers. As a result, the Internship Program at the AIR Center provides talented students and recent graduates with 3-6 months of unpaid training opportunity designed to encourage professional and personal development. We value fresh ideas and perspectives.
As part of the job training process, interns will work closely with their supervisor on the written reports, events, research projects and other necessary tasks specific to their respective departments. The intern will have access to AIR Center’s network, benefit from the Center’s high-level events, research process and interactions with various policy and economic actors, able to attend various related events.
The internship is unpaid but offers a stimulating, supportive work environment and an ideal opportunity to acquire substantive professional experience for those interested in a career in Foreign Policy or International Affairs. In addition to having a strong interest in policy-making and think tanks, applicants should have excellent analytical, writing, verbal and research skills. Additional foreign language is an asset. Applicants should also be highly organized, especially at follow-up and prioritization.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent analytical, writing skills and previous research experience.
- Fluency in English is required; Additional language is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working independently and as part of a team.
- Should be an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in International Relations, International Law, Political Science, Regional Studies, Economics, Security Studies or similar fields.
- Previous experience in a think tank, foundation, NGO, government body or similar organization is disirable.
- Specific interest in the Caspian Region and the Caucasus is also desired.
- Search for source materials for analytical papers,
- Collect and summarize relevant literature and sources, and prepare literature reviews,
- Help in proofreading, fact-checking, and editing.
- Contribute to the writing and preparation of papers (analysis, reports, updates, etc.),
- Research, monitor, and document developments related to specific issues,
- Help in data management and presentation,
- Contribute to creating news briefs and bulletins,
- Assist in the planning and implementation of AIR Center’s events,
- Attend and report on external events, conferences, and round-tables,
- Complete duties and tasks assigned by the supervisor.
You will obtain:
- Research methods, data gathering, and analysis techniques.
- Writing skills and editing written work.
- Skills in preparing and writing policy analysis papers and reports.
- Understanding the nature and scope of work of a think tank.
- Experience in the development of effective mechanisms for the implementation of foreign and domestic policy.
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to apply, interest in the position, and documents approving the relevant skills
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- A writing sample on the related topic.
- Two recommendation letters (from professor, present employer or supervisor)
To apply, please email to [email protected]
AIR Center announces call for applications for unpaid internship program from February 10, 2020 for six months for nationals of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The Internship Program at the AIR Center provides talented students and recent graduates with training opportunity designed to encourage professional and personal development.